Lemon Broccoli with Avocado
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado
- Chop broccoli into bite-size pieces, keeping stems separate from crowns.
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water, place a steamer basket inside, cover and heat to boiling. Add stem pieces and steam for 2 minutes. Then add crown pieces, cover and steam for 5 minutes while you prepare other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the juice of the lemon, the olive oil and salt.
- Chop the avocado into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Add the warm broccoli to the bowl, mix gently and serve.
All material copyright Lyndy Stanway Marsh.