- 21/2 pounds skinned chicken (on the bone)
- 3 long stalks celery
- 1/2 bunch scallions
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into slivers
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Place the chicken in a pot with enough water to cover it.
- Cover the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, scallion and ginger.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 11/2 hours.
- Remove the chicken, allow it to cool. Pull the meat from the bones.
- Return chicken to the pot and add salt, lemon juice and parsley or cilantro.
- Mix well and serve
All material copyright Lyndy Stanway Marsh.